There are so many different things on my mind at the moment. I know I’m procrastinating and I really need to get them all done or figure out what I’m going to do about them. I know if I don’t, it’s going to be too late. Mainly they are things that I need to sign up for or things I just need to take the time to go out and do. There are also a lot of little, not-so-important things that I have put off for so long. But all these little things are adding up and stressing me out more. If I were to take care of all these tasks I need to do, then there would be a whole lot of stress taken off of me.
The one thing that has been bothering me about for the longest time is driving. I am already past the age of fifteen-and-a-half, so I should’ve been able to get my permit a few months ago. The thing is, I’ve also been meaning to sign up for Drivers Ed because I don’t know a whole lot about driving. I wanted to take Drivers Ed before taking my permit test so I would have a better chance of passing my permit test. But seeing as I haven’t signed up for Drivers Ed yet, and it’s already so late to take my permit test, I just want to go in and take it on the chance that maybe I will pass anyways. The reason I’m so eager to get my permit is because I have to wait six months before I can get my provisional license. So even if I get my permit now, I can’t even get my license till October. Many of my friends already have their license and are able to drive wherever whenever they want. I’m also late born so I would’ve gotten my license later then all of them anyways but as I’m putting it off more and more, it seems I’m never going to be able to drive. I also put some of the blame on my parents because I have asked them time and again to sign me up for Drivers Ed and to take me to get my permit. To take the permit test, both parents need to be present, and that just makes it all the more difficult for me. If it were up to me, and I didn’t need my parents to be there, I probably would’ve have already gone in and taken it. But since they do need to be there, there is no telling when it’s finally going to happen.
Another thing that has been on my mind for the last couple of weeks is summer, and what I’m going to do with all that time. Many of my friends have signed up for SAT Prep at Iolani or Punahou. I intended to sign up with them but my parents said that we would be traveling this summer so I wasn’t sure if I would be here on the dates of SAT Prep. I told them to figure out the dates of our trips so I could know whether to sign up or not. They have yet to do that for me, and the sign up date for SAT Prep was already a few weeks ago, so I’m pretty sure the classes are already full. So this kind of messes up all my plans for the summer because a couple of my friends and I were planning on getting summer jobs. SAT Prep at Iolani is only from 8-10 each day. These friends are taking SAT Prep at Iolani and also have their driving licenses, so after their class they could just drive to their job. Since I won’t have my license, it’s going to be difficult for me to get to whatever job I will have this summer. I was relying on them to drive me because I was going to take SAT Prep with them, but since the sign up date has passed and I live so far away from Iolani, they couldn’t just pick me up each day. This is really frustrating because we are trying to get a job at Billabong in Waikiki, and that is not very far from Iolani. If we do get a job there or somewhere near by, I’m going to have to find a ride into town each day and it’s all because I never signed up for SAT Prep and my parents weren’t of much help either.
On top of all these things there is countless more that I could list, but I doubt you would like to hear about them all. Just writing this paper has encouraged me to get all these things figured out once and for all so I don’t have them on my mind each day. There is still no telling when I will actually do them. Hopefully my parents will also step up a little more because they play a major part, mainly because they just need to sign on the line to make it final. Once these things are taken care of, I know that a lot of the stress I have now will lift up and float away. But for now, it’s staying right where it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment