
Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out. -Frank A. Clark
I actually received this quote in an e-mail I got today. I am a Luke Leader for Public Service at my school so I hear about several community service opportunities that are coming up. This one in particular was for the Sustainability Fair in April. Each year our school holds a fair that educates the students and teachers of our school about recycling and recovering our environment. One of the projects for the fair includes a trash-to-treasure booth. For this booth, various things are made from recycled materials into everyday usable things. Some of the recycled materials that are used are, bottle caps, starburst wrappers, old scraps of fabric, juice boxes, and more. Jewelry and bags and things like that are made from these recycled materials. Last year, I remember that this booth was very popular and did very well. I hope that it's just as successful this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment