Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Through Rachel's Eyes

Man oh man! It sure is green over here. I knew it would be green but Lordy not this green!  I got so used to the dirty color in the Congo I forgot what the color green looked like.  I sure won't forget now, it's all over the place.  And this school I go to now, with Leah and Adah, it's sure as green as everything else here.  I can't go from English to Science without crossing a field of green grass.  There's also a couple of big ol' trees all over too.  The people here seem to like sitting under them.  And this weather!  It's not sunny all the time like folks back in Georgia said it would be.  It just starts raining even if there's not a single cloud in the sky, and then my hair gets all in a hootenanny.  I sure do like it better here than in the Congo though.  The people here talk english but not very well, sometimes I can't catch a single word they're saying.  It might as well be another language.  I learned from the Congolese people in our village so I can learn here too.  Here we use American money and people take bathes.  Not like in the Congo.  I feel cleaner here more than I ever did there.  Everything was dirty there.  

No comments: